Thursday, April 9, 2015

NaPoWriMo - day nine


psalm three

somehow, the complaints multiply. voices
raised in three-part harmony. they declare
i am alone. there is no strength in me.
it is difficult not to listen.
i might sit here for a while, quietly.

where is my shield? where is my sword? where
is my helmet? what strategies must i devise?
i shall make an enemy of silence.
i shall raise my voice, my song
shall ring across the valley,
make its way up the mountain path
until it knocks at your door.

these are only the first notes.
you must be patient. as i will be.

i hear your soft steps as you walk in
the garden. you call my name.
your voice sustains me,
and there is no fear.
a wall of faces is only a wall.
a wall has no teeth.

i will rise with you. i will rise
to you body, soul, spirit.
so let there be music.
let there be a celebration.
let there be dancing.

No comments: